The 1x2x2 cuboid (also known as 2x2 floppy cube) is one of the easiest cuboid puzzles ever.
This cuboid has the following notation:
R is like the R move in other puzzles, but is 180 degrees
U turns up 180 degrees
R1/2 is the normal R move
' is still used for inversion
How to solve / Algorithims
Do the following Steps:
- Check if your cube has shape-shifted, if so do R1/2.
- If the top and bottom are not solved, do U' to solve them.
- Then if the sides are not solved, do the following moves: U' R'.
- if your cube is not solved then try just doing U'.
- last case: if your cube is still not solved then do R' and your cube will be solved.
- This is just the bigginner's algorithm there are faster ways to solve the puzzle.